Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

micromechanics of composites

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir, This is dhanunjay, I am doing micromechanics analysis by representative volume element method and periodic boundary conditions for the fiber of circular and elliptical cross-sections. I am able to perform both separately for different cross-sections if I try to solve in a single file by taking another component and all it is showing only one result and unable to connect the compared graphs between them. But I want both cross-sections to be done in a single file and also need to show the comparison in the form of graphs for the fiber volume fraction and material constants. So in this context, I am seeking your help in performing both RVE models in single file and need comparisons. I hope a positive reply from you. Thanking you very much.

-------------------
Dhanu

1 Reply Last Post 26 feb 2019, 23:26 GMT-5
Pawan Soami COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 26 feb 2019, 23:26 GMT-5

Dear Dhanunjay,

It is possible to solve for two or more RVE models in a single file but in different components. The only limitation for now is that the homogeneous material created under global definition corresponds to any one of the RVE models. Apart from that, you can plot or derive any quantity from all the RVE models.

If you still face any issues, feel free to send your query and .mph file to support@comsol.com

Best regards, Pawan Soami

Dear Dhanunjay, It is possible to solve for two or more RVE models in a single file but in different components. The only limitation for now is that the homogeneous material created under global definition corresponds to any one of the RVE models. Apart from that, you can plot or derive any quantity from all the RVE models. If you still face any issues, feel free to send your query and .mph file to support@comsol.com Best regards, Pawan Soami

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.