Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Facing problem with incorrect reflection and refraction output

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I am new COMSOL user, I want to analyze the reflection and refraction of silicon material with different light incidence angle. Absorption of different wavelength light also wants to evaluate. The geometry is defined by a block with a layer, the upper layer assigns as air and below layer as silicon. In geometrical optic, I have taken the 'wall' subnode with selection specular reflection from the side of the block. One wall condition at upper boundary and another one is at lower boundary also applied to freeze rays. Tell me that I am right or wrong. I have used a 'released from grid' subnode as a light source. In result, I have created a 1D plot to find reflection and refraction with respect to the following expression: (gop.relg1.I0-gop.I) /gop.relg1.I0 for reflection and gop.I / gop. relg1.I0 for transmission in the y-axis and gop.lambda0 in x-axis but the expected result has not found. The pictures of model is attached below. Please suggest me, your valuable suggestion is appreciable.

1 Reply Last Post 1 giu 2019, 04:57 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 1 giu 2019, 04:57 GMT-4

I am confused with gop.I0 and gop.relg.I0 expression both shows initial ray intensity but different values and also with gop.I. In help manual gop.I0 described as Discontinuous Lagrange (Constant)

I am confused with gop.I0 and gop.relg.I0 expression both shows initial ray intensity but different values and also with gop.I. In help manual gop.I0 described as Discontinuous Lagrange (Constant)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.