Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Form unions or assembly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Guys, I'm a Novice, now a question stay in my mind. I built a simple model, and want to calculation force. When I choose form unions, it can get a force value. But, when choose form assembly, what it get is 0. Why? Is forming assembly the only choice in AC/DC modular? But I see some case choose form assembly. So did I make a mistake? Can somebody tell me?

1 Reply Last Post 4 giu 2019, 06:26 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 4 giu 2019, 06:26 GMT-4

If you have moving geometries, it helps to use form assembly. It creates separate objects, each with their own mesh. If they are in contact, you probably have an identity pair, or similar.

Check your solution in the case of the form assembly. Is it the same as form union?

But, if you have what you want using form union, why not just use it, and forget about form assembly?

If you have moving geometries, it helps to use form assembly. It creates separate objects, each with their own mesh. If they are in contact, you probably have an identity pair, or similar. Check your solution in the case of the form assembly. Is it the same as form union? But, if you have what you want using form union, why not just use it, and forget about form assembly?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.