Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define resistance of my component (internal resistance) and DAQ resistance (external resistance)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL support team, I have a question regarding defining resistance in my model. I have a 3D component with internal resistance of R1 and an external DAQ with resistance of R2. I am referring to electric circuit physics in COMSOL. I defined Resistance but there is another resistance inside setting of electrical circuit physics. Can you please let me know what does each of them mean? If my component itself has resistance do I have to define its resistance seperately or COMSOL is considering its resistance as materials are defined? Attached you can see screenshot of each resistance I am confused what is the difference between them.

1 Reply Last Post 9 lug 2019, 08:32 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 9 lug 2019, 08:32 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 9 lug 2019, 08:32 GMT-4

When you connect up a circuit to a 2D or 3D (as an example) simulation, you have internal resistance due to the model itself and then external components via spice syntax. Internal resistance is from boundary conditions and materials present in the model physics. The spice modeling are separate features that you add if you want to simulate some aspect that cannot be done in one of the physic settings. spice modeling in comsol is adding a circuit to drive FEA simulations.

When you connect up a circuit to a 2D or 3D (as an example) simulation, you have internal resistance due to the model itself and then external components via spice syntax. Internal resistance is from boundary conditions and materials present in the model physics. The spice modeling are separate features that you add if you want to simulate some aspect that cannot be done in one of the physic settings. spice modeling in comsol is adding a circuit to drive FEA simulations.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.