Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

4.2 - font size in help browser

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, is there a way to set the font size in the biult-in help browser? I find the text font rather small which makes it difficult to read.
Thanks. /H.

2 Replies Last Post 24 nov 2011, 04:34 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 nov 2011, 05:47 GMT-5
Hi

not from what I know, but on the other hand, that is typically a quetion I would have pushed over to "support", my word is do not hesitate. The preference FONT option is for the plot fonts, as written in the help files.

perhaps you could change the default OS fonts not sure

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not from what I know, but on the other hand, that is typically a quetion I would have pushed over to "support", my word is do not hesitate. The preference FONT option is for the plot fonts, as written in the help files. perhaps you could change the default OS fonts not sure -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 nov 2011, 04:34 GMT-5
thanks Ivar, I got the reply from the support very quickly. I'll quote them here in case this is of interest for other users:

===
The font size in the integrated help browser is unfortunately fixed. The
chosen size is a compromise intended to give a reasonable balance between
readability and amount of visible information in a narrow space.

There is a trick you can apply if you quickly want to get a better view of
the page you're reading in the integrated browser without switching help
mode to "Web browser" in the Preferences dialog. Namely, if you right-click
on the page in the integrated help browser and choose Properties from the
context menu a dialog box appears. There you can see the session-specific
URL for the help page. If you copy this address and paste it into a regular
web browser's address field, you can read and navigate the help in that
browser.
===

mvh.
thanks Ivar, I got the reply from the support very quickly. I'll quote them here in case this is of interest for other users: === The font size in the integrated help browser is unfortunately fixed. The chosen size is a compromise intended to give a reasonable balance between readability and amount of visible information in a narrow space. There is a trick you can apply if you quickly want to get a better view of the page you're reading in the integrated browser without switching help mode to "Web browser" in the Preferences dialog. Namely, if you right-click on the page in the integrated help browser and choose Properties from the context menu a dialog box appears. There you can see the session-specific URL for the help page. If you copy this address and paste it into a regular web browser's address field, you can read and navigate the help in that browser. === mvh.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.