Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multicellular Natural Convection inside the Cavity of Glazed Window

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am beginner of comsol and have very limited knowledge about this software. I am simulating Natural Convection results in 2D inside the cavity of a glazed window with Aspect ratio of 40, in COMSOL Multiphysics 4.0a. Moreover, I am compairing my results with the results of international paper. I don't know how to input Rayleigh number (Ra) and check output parameter of Nusselt number in comsol. Thus I manually calculated the temperature difference on both end surfaces at mean film temperature of 300 K, then applied the Temperature conditions on both surfaces. For rest of the details i am attaching both my comsol file as well as the paper.
with this aproach when i apply temperature condition corresponding to Ra 6800 or more, i am unable to get multicellular flow in the core of cavity.

I feel more handicaped because i don't find any comsol user in my surroundings.
I need an expert's advice for my further progress.....

Regard,
Safeer

0 Replies Last Post 7 dic 2011, 07:05 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello safeer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.