Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use the final condition of the model as the initial condition in the next but same study albeit with different inputs ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using Comsol 5.4. I am working on a 2-D axisymetric model of an RRAM. In the first study I am assuming a conductive filament of high oxygen vacancy concentration(see Fig.1). After applying a triangular pulse of positive polarity and solving a Coefficient form PDE(see Fig.2 for initial condition) at the end of pulse the filament is broken(Fig.3). Up untill now everything is fine. For my second part of operation I have to include a generation (source term in coefficient form PDE Fig.4 and Fig.5) and apply a triangular pulse of negative polarity so that filament is remade. For this I have to use the previously broken filament condition(Fig.2) as an initial condition for my second part of operation. How should I proceed to do the above task? ** **If I want to see the I-V characteristics of both operation simultaneously how do I do that?

0 Replies Last Post 16 mar 2020, 16:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ayush Kumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.