Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to implement a charge-discharge cycling BC with constraints in Coefficient Form PDE module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to build a lithium ion battery model using Coefficient Form PDE equations in Mathematics module, instead of using the in-built Lithium Ion Battery module.

For this, I want to implement a charge-discharge cycling boundary condition which involves 3 steps.

Step 1: Charge at a constant current (I_cell) upto a maximum cell cut-off voltage (V_max). Step 2: Then, charge at a constant voltage (V_max) until the cell current drops to a small value (I_min). Step 3: Next, discharge at constant current (-I_cell) until the cell voltage drops to a lower cut-off value (V_min). Repeat this sequence of steps for a given number of cycles.

It can easily be done using the in-built charge-discharge cycling boundary condition in the lithium ion battery module. However, I would like to implement the same BC in my model which is based on Mathematics module.

Can someone suggest me the approaches to acheive this?

Thanks in advance! Ganesh

0 Replies Last Post 16 apr 2020, 22:26 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ganesh Madabattula

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.