Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling no separation in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a new user of comsol. I am trying to model sliding in Comsol with no separation. I have tried to approaches to tackle this. 1. With adhesion contact and 2. General extrusion and prescribed displacement.

However, my surface is inclined which made my general extrusion a little bit confusing. And secondly, in the adhesion stiffness I am trying to give value to the "normal to shear ratio" which can make the surfaces stick together through all the simulation. I have attached how the boundary look like. I need a little guide.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards,

Robel

0 Replies Last Post 20 apr 2020, 06:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robel Fekadu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.