Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic heating in a 2D axissymmetric AC model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am currently working on a project to simulate the electric field behaviour at different temperatures. The application is shown in the attached image. I already simulated it in DC with the temperature dependence as 2D axissymmetric model. Therefore I used the "electric currents" and "heat transfer in solids" physic coupled with "electromagnetic heating". As study step I used "stationary". Now I want to do the same for AC. I tried using the "frequency-stationary", but I always get an error while computing.(First few rows of the error code are at the end of the post) I couldn't figure out why the solver gets that error. Hence I looked for a different way of solving it and changed "electric currents" to "magnetic and electric fields" because I saw that in an example. However, in this new setup I can't apply the voltage on the electrode or the ground.

I am pretty sure the simulation should work with my first attempt, does anyone know what I did wrong or what I can/should change?

Thank you!

Error Code: - Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Attempt to evaluate negative power of zero. - Function: ^ Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: comp1.ec.normE@VDN${realdot@3} - Defined as: ((realdot(comp1.ec.Er,comp1.ec.Er)+realdot(comp1.ec.Ez,comp1.ec.Ez))^(-0.5))0.5 ...

0 Replies Last Post 22 apr 2020, 06:52 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robin Ramin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.