Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Log file of Comsol Commands ??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I want to use COMSOL script but I want to know if it is possible to obtain every command (from a log file for instance) of what I do when using GUI. ANSYS has such a log file which logs every step you do, it helps learning the commands.

Thanks,

3 Replies Last Post 13 gen 2010, 23:28 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 gen 2010, 14:45 GMT-5
Hi
You have the history file, if its not there by default, should be, you can activate it in the preference settings

Good luck
Ivar
Hi You have the history file, if its not there by default, should be, you can activate it in the preference settings Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 gen 2010, 16:24 GMT-5
Dear Ivar,

Thank you for your response but I think that option just logs the solver scripts. I want to know if I can learn the commands for meshing modelling ; boundary cond. subdomain settings, etc. while doing them from GUI. Is it possible ?

Regards,
Dear Ivar, Thank you for your response but I think that option just logs the solver scripts. I want to know if I can learn the commands for meshing modelling ; boundary cond. subdomain settings, etc. while doing them from GUI. Is it possible ? Regards,

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 gen 2010, 23:28 GMT-5
Hi

well the sequence of meshing and group selection etc, is not stored and is rather combersome, as the item index you need to use to identify your boundaries etc are really only identifiable via some graphics interface.

You will have to wait for the (long time expecting by now) V4 to store your meshing sequences, but I'm not sure you will have access to all that way.

but normally you have most of the methodology in the history file, at least I learnt most of ymscripting tricks via de history file, but I agree it took me some time. Furthermore I had to reread the doc half a dozen of times, to catch most subtilities (still in that situation, still rereading reguilarly the docs).

Good luck
Ivar
Hi well the sequence of meshing and group selection etc, is not stored and is rather combersome, as the item index you need to use to identify your boundaries etc are really only identifiable via some graphics interface. You will have to wait for the (long time expecting by now) V4 to store your meshing sequences, but I'm not sure you will have access to all that way. but normally you have most of the methodology in the history file, at least I learnt most of ymscripting tricks via de history file, but I agree it took me some time. Furthermore I had to reread the doc half a dozen of times, to catch most subtilities (still in that situation, still rereading reguilarly the docs). Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.