Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

iterate the initial conditions based on previous solutions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I saw some examples that show me how to use the previous solutions as the initial conditions for the next run through setting up the step tab under the study tree, which is the tab called values of dependent variables. while, it does not fullfill what I want completely. what I want is to do a frequency sweep of a displacement function on the 2 ends of a beam, and use the second to last peak displacements and velocities found from the previous input frequency as the initial condition for the next input frequency. I struggled at this point for a long time, but I still could not figure it out how to implement this in COMSOL 5.5. I also saw an example that deals with the material hysteresis, which still could not completely solve my issues, and my expected results will also be hysteresis phenomenon but occured in vibration. does anyone have any suggestion, any help will be very thankful.

Sincerely, Li

0 Replies Last Post 11 mag 2020, 01:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Cooper Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.