Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different results in RF module versus Wave Optics module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating a metal bowtie resonator (on the order of 100 microns in size) on a substrate and investigating its optical response in the THz range (0.1 - 1 THz). I just want to simulate a single resonator, so I used scattering boundary conditions, and scattered field formulation in order to calculate the near field enhancement. However, when I build and run the model in the RF module, I get different results than for the corresponding model in the Wave Optics module. Does anyone know why this might be? The results from the RF module seem more trustworthy, but the fact that I get two different sets of results depending on the module worries me.

2 Replies Last Post 21 mag 2020, 19:57 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 21 mag 2020, 19:50 GMT-4

Would you be willing to post your model to the forum so that others can take a look at it?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Would you be willing to post your model to the forum so that others can take a look at it?

Posted: 4 years ago 21 mag 2020, 19:57 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 23 mag 2020, 20:01 GMT-4

Update: Solved!

Update: Solved!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.