Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to tell if two boundaries touch?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to create a coil as shown in this article:

https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-coils-in-the-acdc-module/

How do I check if the boundaries are touching so I can pass current through my inductor? I've linked my structure below.

1 Reply Last Post 24 giu 2020, 06:27 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 24 giu 2020, 06:27 GMT-4

Hi Emma,

I am not exactly sure why you need this detection to be automatic, but if you do, maybe you can work out a solution by defining selections

1. Definitions > Selections > Explicit for the first boundary
  2. Definitions > Selections > Explicit for the second boundary
  3. Definitions > Selections > Intersection and in the Input Entities field add the two boundaries

Then in your equations maybe you can define the term that models current flow and make it apply only to this selection.

Hi Emma, I am not exactly sure why you need this detection to be automatic, but if you do, maybe you can work out a solution by defining selections 1. `Definitions` > `Selections` > `Explicit` for the first boundary 2. `Definitions` > `Selections` > `Explicit` for the second boundary 3. `Definitions` > `Selections` > `Intersection` and in the `Input Entities` field add the two boundaries Then in your equations maybe you can define the term that models current flow and make it apply only to this selection.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.