Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve a frequency domain problem using deformed geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to model the changes in an acoustic field emited by a transducer when an echogenic object passes in front of the emitted beam.
I'm using the "Pressure Acoustics, Frequency Domain" to solve the field, and a "Deformed Geometry" to model the components displacement. I defined a "time-dependent" study to simulate the process, and solving for both acoustic and deformed geometry. The issue is that I don't know how to define the settings in order to solve for the acoustic field for all discrete time point so I can see how the field is changing when the echogenic object passes in front of the transducer. What I get is the initial acoustic field which doesn't change in time, and the deformed geometry which is behaving as intended. How do I setup the study so the acoustic field is updated and solved based on the time-dependent evolving simulated environment? Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Dany

0 Replies Last Post 9 feb 2021, 19:26 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dany Berube

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.