Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

TIC Nozzle Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am a starter here, and trying to simulate the Nozzle flow by the new feature of this edition, High Mach Number Physics.
I already came up with the contour of it and import it into the comsol. I thought it should be a pretty straightforward stuff to do the settings such as setting the material properties, boundary conditions, the inlet flow Mo=0 and set the outlet flow=supersonic, mesh and run. However it doesn't appear to be so easy, after I put the compute button then it appears: Invalid field variable in property Llimitfivar. I have tried to modified some parameters but it still doesn't work. Could anyone who has done that tell me what problem could it be and what should I be aware of?

Best regards,
Ming Yi

6 Replies Last Post 10 nov 2015, 07:23 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ming-Yi Yen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 gen 2013, 13:26 GMT-5
I have the same problem when trying to use the k-omega turbulence model. The problem doesn't occur when using the k-epsilon model, but the k-epsilon crashes because the solution diverges. At least I can get some preliminary results from the successful iterations with the k-epsilon, but I can't get a solution at my full velocity value.
I have the same problem when trying to use the k-omega turbulence model. The problem doesn't occur when using the k-epsilon model, but the k-epsilon crashes because the solution diverges. At least I can get some preliminary results from the successful iterations with the k-epsilon, but I can't get a solution at my full velocity value.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 set 2013, 03:52 GMT-4
You need to add a new study. The old study does update correctly the solver when you change the turbulence model.
You need to add a new study. The old study does update correctly the solver when you change the turbulence model.

Posted: 10 years ago 27 set 2014, 20:49 GMT-4
This is great. Thanks Stanimir. It solved my problem.
This is great. Thanks Stanimir. It solved my problem.

Posted: 9 years ago 14 mag 2015, 14:28 GMT-4
Hi Yi Ming

i am facing the same problem , i am trying to study converging diverging nozzle with high mach number at the exit.
can you suggest, if you found any solution around your problem.
or if you can send your model for reference , it would be really helpful for me.

Thanks
regards Mehlam
Hi Yi Ming i am facing the same problem , i am trying to study converging diverging nozzle with high mach number at the exit. can you suggest, if you found any solution around your problem. or if you can send your model for reference , it would be really helpful for me. Thanks regards Mehlam

Posted: 9 years ago 19 ott 2015, 16:30 GMT-4
No solution yet?
Not even an idea about this variable?
No solution yet? Not even an idea about this variable?

Posted: 9 years ago 10 nov 2015, 07:23 GMT-5
Thanks Stanimir. I had also same problem but ı solved now, ı want to say hat thanks again :D
Thanks Stanimir. I had also same problem but ı solved now, ı want to say hat thanks again :D

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.