Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ray evaluation on filtered rays

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've set up a ray optics simulation. I have a ray detector boundary that collects a small portion of the rays.

I can apply a filter to the Ray Visualization node to only show the rays that have been collected by the ray detector using the gop.rd1.rL logical expression.

How can I apply the same filter to the Ray Evaluation node? I would like to compute the average ray direction among the rays collected by the ray detector, using gop.gopaveop1(gop.nix), gop.gopaveop1(gop.niy), gop.gopaveop1(gop.niz).

But those expressions are applied to the entire group of rays and I can't find a way to filter the results before applying the evaluation.

Would you be able to help me?

Thank you Regards

0 Replies Last Post 9 mar 2021, 10:31 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Paolo Rusti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.