Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transition between gold plasmonics waveguide and gold nanoparticle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm modeling a 1mm rectangular plasmonic gold waveguide with one end attached to a 70nm triangular gold nanoparticle in water. I excite the waveguide at its open end and want to study the E field in both the waveguide and in nanoparticle. * Can I use ewbe to solve E field in waveguide? * What boundary condition do I need to use on the interface between the waveguide and the nanoparticle? Below is the geometry of my model. https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ubLl0xra6tUGczivbr_axK6oz5BWRmO/view?usp=sharing Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 10 mar 2021, 22:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Norah Caukansky

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.