Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Releasing a particle at arbitrary point of the inlet surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all!

I'm simulating a laminar fluid flow through a channel with structures on the bottom. When I use particle tracing module the release options are 'mesh based', 'density' and 'projected plane grid'.

I'd like to know if there is a possibility to specify a single point of release at the inlet, so something like 'a start point controlled' release.

Thank you very much for your help!

2 Replies Last Post 27 gen 2015, 04:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Izidor Sabotin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 27 gen 2015, 01:14 GMT-5
Hi,

I would like to do the same thing.
I'd like to know if there is a possibility to specify a single point of release at the inlet.

Did you find a solution?

Thank you!
Hi, I would like to do the same thing. I'd like to know if there is a possibility to specify a single point of release at the inlet. Did you find a solution? Thank you!

Posted: 9 years ago 27 gen 2015, 04:34 GMT-5
Hi,

I haven't found the solution. I think in general you have 3 options:
- mesh based,
- density based,
- projected plane grid

Try to play on with those options, or find the user manual. I think there should be one option that enables this.

Sorry I couldn't help more, hope you will successfully resolve your thig.
Best of luck,
Izidor
Hi, I haven't found the solution. I think in general you have 3 options: - mesh based, - density based, - projected plane grid Try to play on with those options, or find the user manual. I think there should be one option that enables this. Sorry I couldn't help more, hope you will successfully resolve your thig. Best of luck, Izidor

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.