Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to automate repetitive model simulation?

for Excel®
, API, Parameters, Variables, & Functions Version 5.6 1 Reply

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I would like to automate repetitive evaluation (parameter change, mesh build, parameter sweep, derive values) using java. I would also like to automatically send the data from the derived current values to an Excel spreadsheet. The model has already been built. Can someone please recommend me tutorials on how to do so? Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 9 lug 2021, 05:04 GMT-4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 9 lug 2021, 05:04 GMT-4

Hi

The manuals "Introduction to Application Builder" and "Application Builder Reference Manual" are great. These manuials show you how to use Java from within of Comsol. If you want to use Java in your own programs (outside of Comsol) then there is an example in the "Programming Referene Manual" in the chapter called "Graphical User Interfaces".

If you wish to save information in an Excel file you need to have LiveLink for Excel. If you have this LiveLink you can even write your code in VBA and interface to Comsol using all of the Comsol API.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi The manuals "Introduction to Application Builder" and "Application Builder Reference Manual" are great. These manuials show you how to use Java from within of Comsol. If you want to use Java in your own programs (outside of Comsol) then there is an example in the "Programming Referene Manual" in the chapter called "Graphical User Interfaces". If you wish to save information in an Excel file you need to have LiveLink for Excel. If you have this LiveLink you can even write your code in VBA and interface to Comsol using all of the Comsol API.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.