Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error-System matrix is zero

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Failed to find a solution.
System matrix is zero.
Returned solution is not converged.

Can anyone please explain me about this error?

5 Replies Last Post 9 set 2013, 05:56 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 giu 2012, 05:04 GMT-4
Hi

most often it is because you are missing A BC or you have not fully defined the solution. Particularly, when you have many physics, you need enough BC for ALL physics independently. else the solution is not unique.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi most often it is because you are missing A BC or you have not fully defined the solution. Particularly, when you have many physics, you need enough BC for ALL physics independently. else the solution is not unique. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 lug 2012, 18:20 GMT-4
Thank you.
Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mar 2013, 22:36 GMT-4
Could you please tell me what A,B and C stand for? Thank you very much~
Could you please tell me what A,B and C stand for? Thank you very much~

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 mar 2013, 03:43 GMT-4
Hi

Sorry, I was typing to quick ;)

I intended to write "...a BC (Boundary Condition) ..."

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sorry, I was typing to quick ;) I intended to write "...a BC (Boundary Condition) ..." -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 set 2013, 05:56 GMT-4
Sir
I am doing a coiled heat exchanger problem, I have defined all the boundary conditions-viz- temperature, fluid velocity, material properties but still this error ocuurs. Tell me how can I rectify this.

Sir I am doing a coiled heat exchanger problem, I have defined all the boundary conditions-viz- temperature, fluid velocity, material properties but still this error ocuurs. Tell me how can I rectify this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.