Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep Problem with Electric Potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to use 2D Pressure Acoustics, Frequency Domain Physics, with Frequency Domain Study. In the geometry, assume that bottom material is piezoelectric material and the top material is air. I try to excite piezoelectric material boundary 1 by assigning Electric Potential from Electrostatics physics, and boundary 2 with Ground, where boundary 2 is also Acoustic-Structure Boundary.

By default, I set the piezoelectric material thickness to Λ/2 (Λ is f_sound/v_sound). Normally, there is no problem with the frequency domain analysis. However, when I try to have a parametric sweep of piezoelectric material thickness (lets say in range(Λ/4, Λ/8, Λ) ) the electric potential boundary is unassigned during the study right at the Λ/2 step and is stays unassigned for the rest. Therefore, I am not able to get the results from Λ/2 to Λ with parametric sweep.

I am not able to find the cause of the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 11 ott 2021, 03:39 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mehmet Ziya Keskin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.