Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Copying Geometry Features from 2D to extrude in 3D within Matlab Livelink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Portions of my model are 2D axisymetric and other portions are 3D. I've created 2 model nodes to handle these two geometries, we'll call them 'geom2' for 2D and 'geom3' for 3D. My 3D features are just extrusions of the 2D counterparts, so what I want to do is copy over my 2D results to my 3D workplanes. However, many of my 2D features are formed from multiple features and operation like an intersection of two polygons for example. When I try to copy the resulting intersection, it only takes the boolean operation, without taking the input to the boolean operation along with. I could copy over every single feature, operation, transformation, etc. but this seems tedious and redundant.

The two model node approach is what seemed to work in the GUI. Is there another approach?

What's the easiest means of creating my 3D geometry from my 2D features?

If there's no way to get around regenerating each and every 2D features in the 'geom3' work plane, is there a way I can get the input used for the operations and transformation from the model object? The hope would be just to create a function that discovers the input tags and automates the copy process.

I've included a model file below which illustrates what I want to do.

2 Replies Last Post 4 dic 2015, 09:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Wade Conklin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 4 dic 2015, 09:26 GMT-5
Hello Wade,
You can use an "Insert Sequence" node to automatically bring in all the geometry steps into the 3D workplane at once, see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/92592 and www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/90951 .
Best,
Jeff
Hello Wade, You can use an "Insert Sequence" node to automatically bring in all the geometry steps into the 3D workplane at once, see http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/92592 and http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/90951 . Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 4 dic 2015, 09:34 GMT-5
Thanks!
Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.