Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport of concentrated species - will the species change the flow field ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear everyone,
I am working on one simulation about membrane separation, and I am using "Laminar Flow" together with "Transport of concentrated species". I have one question, will the flux (gas A) from the membrane boundary change the flow field (also gas B) from "Laminar Flow" ?
Thanks a lot!
wei chen

4 Replies Last Post 14 ott 2015, 13:05 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 ago 2012, 11:56 GMT-4
Dear Wei,

Yes the gas flux can change the laminar flow field if it changes either the fluid density or viscosity. Make sure you set the fluid properties in the Laminar Flow physics to the appropriate values from the Concentrated Species.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Dear Wei, Yes the gas flux can change the laminar flow field if it changes either the fluid density or viscosity. Make sure you set the fluid properties in the Laminar Flow physics to the appropriate values from the Concentrated Species. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 ott 2012, 04:18 GMT-4
Hello everyone,

Is there a protocol for choosing the mass constraint when implementing tansport of concentrated species physics? I would reckon choosing the excess reactant as mass constraint. But what if you have only one reactant with 2 products, how do you then choose the mass constraint?

Steve.
Hello everyone, Is there a protocol for choosing the mass constraint when implementing tansport of concentrated species physics? I would reckon choosing the excess reactant as mass constraint. But what if you have only one reactant with 2 products, how do you then choose the mass constraint? Steve.

Posted: 9 years ago 1 giu 2015, 23:58 GMT-4

Hello everyone,

Is there a protocol for choosing the mass constraint when implementing tansport of concentrated species physics? I would reckon choosing the excess reactant as mass constraint. But what if you have only one reactant with 2 products, how do you then choose the mass constraint?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Have you solved your problem?It seems that I get the same confusion.I set 2 species in concentrated species phsics, but one BC should be set with flux for each species respectively which cannot be done if I choose the mass constraint.

looking forward to your reply.

thanks in advance.
[QUOTE] Hello everyone, Is there a protocol for choosing the mass constraint when implementing tansport of concentrated species physics? I would reckon choosing the excess reactant as mass constraint. But what if you have only one reactant with 2 products, how do you then choose the mass constraint? Steve. [/QUOTE] Hi Steve, Have you solved your problem?It seems that I get the same confusion.I set 2 species in concentrated species phsics, but one BC should be set with flux for each species respectively which cannot be done if I choose the mass constraint. looking forward to your reply. thanks in advance.

Posted: 9 years ago 14 ott 2015, 13:05 GMT-4
Hi Yuhong.

Have you found a solution to your problem? Because I'm in the same pickel with my electrochemical cell, where I have two species, which needs to be specified at separate boundaries?
Hi Yuhong. Have you found a solution to your problem? Because I'm in the same pickel with my electrochemical cell, where I have two species, which needs to be specified at separate boundaries?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.