Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

please make a suggestion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I divided my simulation into 2 studies (study 1: 0 to 12 h) (study 2: 12 to 24h). my geometry is a cylinder divided into 3 parts each part is a specific material. after finishing coputing study 1, I rotate the cylinder 60 degree so the position of each part of the cylinder is changed. However, When I am coputing study 2 while putting the initial values as the last results of study 1 I got a wrong initial values. For example: if my cylinder is composed of ( wood-steel-aluminum) after rotating the cylinder in study 2 the initial value of wood is given to steel, steel to aluminum....). How can I set the right initial value for study 2? Please help! I am using comsol 5.6. Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post 26 ago 2022, 16:21 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 24 ago 2022, 04:29 GMT-4

You could map your initial values through a General Extrusion operator.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
You could map your initial values through a *General Extrusion* operator.

Posted: 2 years ago 26 ago 2022, 16:21 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 26 ago 2022, 16:37 GMT-4

Hello Mr. Henrik,

Thank you for your reply. I would ask you if you can ellaborate more about how general extension operator will be a suitable solution for my problem. I will share with you my design. I want to simulate this design in 2 studies. I am simulating the first study using the below design and after that I want to rotate the cylinder 60 deg and simulate study 2 but I want also the initial value of study 2 ( last value of study 1) rotate also 60 deg.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hello Mr. Henrik, Thank you for your reply. I would ask you if you can ellaborate more about how general extension operator will be a suitable solution for my problem. I will share with you my design. I want to simulate this design in 2 studies. I am simulating the first study using the below design and after that I want to rotate the cylinder 60 deg and simulate study 2 but I want also the initial value of study 2 ( last value of study 1) rotate also 60 deg. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.