Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Error] Failed to find consistent initial values - multiple electrode materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a lithium-ion battery with multiple intercalating cathode materials. I am using NMC 811 and LFP as the cathode materials in this model. I have followed the procedure as it is described in the COMSOL documentation: Lithium-ion battery with multiple intercalating electrode materials. The main difference is in the material I have used.

The figure below shows the "model builder" of my model:

I would be pleased to share the mph file if anyone could possibly sort this out.

The following is the displayed error upon solving:

*Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1) Failed to find consistent initial values. Undefined value found. Undefined value found in the equation residual vector. There are 97 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.cl. at coordinates: (0), (2.62047e-06), (5.24094e-06), (7.86141e-06), (1.04819e-05), ...

There are 28 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.liion.csaddm1. at coordinates: (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), ...

There are 22 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.liion.cspce1. at coordinates: (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), ...

There are 28 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.liion.cspce2. at coordinates: (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), ...

There are 97 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.phil. at coordinates: (0), (2.62047e-06), (5.24094e-06), (7.86141e-06), (1.04819e-05), ...

There are 97 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.phis. at coordinates: (0), (2.62047e-06), (5.24094e-06), (7.86141e-06), (1.04819e-05), ... Last time step is not converged.*

0 Replies Last Post 8 ott 2022, 05:08 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Parthiv K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.