Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How should I define a mass transfer rate at the gas/liquid interface?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone have some ideas on how to add a mass transfer rate at the gas/liquid interface? In my case, I use Level Set model to simulate the bubble departure from electrode, since there is a concentration boundary layer along the electrode, therefore, I also use the Transport of Diluted Species module to looking at the mass transfer in the liquid, and there is a concentration gradient across the bubble interface.

The problem is, I would like to set the concentration gradient-induced mass transfer rate to be zero at the moment. But since this gas/liquid interface is not in the geometrical sequence, I am not sure how to implement such a constraint. I understand that I could define a domain proble to find the region where "ls.Vf1=0.5", which can give me the location of this interface technically. But I have no idea what I should do from there in the TDS module. Could someone please share some insights on this with me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards, Feng

0 Replies Last Post 7 nov 2022, 09:16 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Feng Liang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.