Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Objective function-Topology optimization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Community,

I am working on Topology optimization with multiple objectives. I have mathematical objective function expressions and I would like to convert them to such form so I can enter them in COMSOL Topology opt objective function blank.

Is there any way that we can convert the mathematical functions in comsol form?Can anyone help me in this.

thanks best regards Fahad

2 Replies Last Post 4 apr 2023, 08:13 GMT-4
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 19 nov 2022, 04:54 GMT-5

If they already are in mathematical form, they should be ready to plug in, and you then choose whether to maximize or minimize. Sum the individual objectives with weights.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
If they already are in mathematical form, they should be ready to plug in, and you then choose whether to maximize or minimize. Sum the individual objectives with weights.

Posted: 1 year ago 4 apr 2023, 08:13 GMT-4

Thanks for your kind response.

I will surely follow.

Currently I have these two errors:

Error 1 : When I run study 3 (objective 3) after running Study 1 (objective 1 )and Study 2(Objective 2) I have the errors as stated under: Table already in use by probes. - Node: Optimization Solver 1 - Table: Objective Probe Table 3

**Error 2: ** I have one Objective with RMS(Root Mean Square Velocity) and I want to minimize it with Objective function : RMS(dtopo1)-RMSmin/RMSmax-RMSmin ; to keep pressure constant on my design space.

But the error comes that RMS doesnt exist in Solid Mechanics (Solid) interface. How can I put RMS into COMSOL? I have tried to put into Parameters but that didn't work.

It will be great If I can have your input regarding these queries.

Thanks BR Fahad

>If they already are in mathematical form, they should be ready to plug in, and you then choose whether to maximize or minimize. Sum the individual objectives with weights. Thanks for your kind response. I will surely follow. Currently I have these two errors: **Error 1 :** When I run study 3 (objective 3) after running Study 1 (objective 1 )and Study 2(Objective 2) I have the errors as stated under: Table already in use by probes. - Node: Optimization Solver 1 - Table: Objective Probe Table 3 **Error 2: ** I have one Objective with RMS(Root Mean Square Velocity) and I want to minimize it with Objective function : RMS(dtopo1)-RMSmin/RMSmax-RMSmin ; to keep pressure constant on my design space. But the error comes that RMS doesnt exist in Solid Mechanics (Solid) interface. How can I put RMS into COMSOL? I have tried to put into Parameters but that didn't work. It will be great If I can have your input regarding these queries. Thanks BR Fahad

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.