Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Normal velocity of cylindrical shell

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI, I am tring to use the Acoustic-Solid Interaction, Frequency Domain Interface to calculate the acoustic radiation of the underwater cylindrical shell. But I can only find the XYZ component of the velocity in solid mechanics, so I want to know how to get the normal velocity of the cylindrical shell surface. Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 18 nov 2022, 04:15 GMT-5
Mark Cops COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 17 nov 2022, 17:33 GMT-5

Hi 尧 徐,

In postprocessing, the normal velocity can be computed by taking the dot product of the normal vector (nx, ny, nz) with the velocity vector. Hope this helps.

Best,

Mark

Hi 尧 徐, In postprocessing, the normal velocity can be computed by taking the dot product of the normal vector (nx, ny, nz) with the velocity vector. Hope this helps. Best, Mark

Posted: 2 years ago 17 nov 2022, 23:16 GMT-5

Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply! I will try it.

Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply! I will try it.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 18 nov 2022, 04:15 GMT-5

If you are using 6.1, you can also use the new Local System Results feature to set up variables in, for example, a cylindrical system.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
If you are using 6.1, you can also use the new *Local System Results* feature to set up variables in, for example, a cylindrical system.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.