Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Accelerometer load

Sudhaman Parthasarathi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to apply load on a silicon mass and while trying to compute i get this error. stationary solver (sol1/s1).
How do i get rid of this error. How can i apply a load of say 3g.

4 Replies Last Post 23 set 2012, 05:11 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 set 2012, 02:39 GMT-4
Hi

a 3G load is a "body load" of the type "solid.rho*3*g_const" in the given direction you desire, or you need to define a specific coordinate system and have COMSOL do the vector distribution of the load

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi a 3G load is a "body load" of the type "solid.rho*3*g_const" in the given direction you desire, or you need to define a specific coordinate system and have COMSOL do the vector distribution of the load -- Good luck Ivar

Sudhaman Parthasarathi

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 set 2012, 15:33 GMT-4
i have sucessfully made the model to deform under the load. But when i draw a surrounding layer around the electrodes and apply air as the material, im not able to get the deformation and it simply shows the same error.
i have sucessfully made the model to deform under the load. But when i draw a surrounding layer around the electrodes and apply air as the material, im not able to get the deformation and it simply shows the same error.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 set 2012, 02:56 GMT-4
Hi

but air is a gas not a solid so what physics do you use for that ?
normally you have in FSI for such cases

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi but air is a gas not a solid so what physics do you use for that ? normally you have in FSI for such cases -- Good luck Ivar

Sudhaman Parthasarathi

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 set 2012, 05:11 GMT-4
oh, i used solid mechanics. So, now what physics shud i then use.
oh, i used solid mechanics. So, now what physics shud i then use.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.