Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

distinguish the propagating eigenfrequency of plate vibration submerge in the air

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I want to study the plate vibration with air surrounding, and evaluate the sound propagation.

Thus, I created a plate which enclosed by the sphere represented air region, also added the PML, and I utilized eigenfrequency study to find the eigenfrequencies of the model with and without the air region.

The model without air region gave a series of eigenfrquencies which are all real number, and the model with air region gave a series of eigenfrequencies which are complex number, I remembered the method to find the sound propagating mode is to find the certain frequency whose imaginary part is smaller than real part.

The first question is that with the eigenfrequency increasing, the difference between the real and imaginary parts gets smaller and smaller, so I can't ensure which frequencies are the propagating mode.

The second problem is that I thought that the eigenfrequencies obtained from the model with and without air can match each other with a small shift in the real part only, but some frequencies from the model without air were disappeared in the model with air.

So I wonder how to find the propagating mode of the vibration plate with air surrounding in the correct way.

0 Replies Last Post 7 dic 2022, 04:17 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 宇宣 林

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.