Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle Tracking

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on particle tracking in micro fluids.
Can i know how to measure the number of particles moving through Inlet and Outlet.

4 Replies Last Post 25 set 2012, 09:08 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 set 2012, 23:53 GMT-4
Hi Lohith,

Search the manual for “Transmission probability”. It is the ratio of number of particles that reach an outlet to those released at an inlet, but with a broad definition of inlet and outlet.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Lohith, Search the manual for “Transmission probability”. It is the ratio of number of particles that reach an outlet to those released at an inlet, but with a broad definition of inlet and outlet. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 set 2012, 06:32 GMT-4
Dear Nagi Elabbasi,

I had searched for the manual but couldn't find it can u please help me in finding it.

Thanking you
lohith
Dear Nagi Elabbasi, I had searched for the manual but couldn't find it can u please help me in finding it. Thanking you lohith

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 set 2012, 08:44 GMT-4
Hi, you need to add a selection to the Particle data set. If you update to the latest version, V4.3, the Model Library model:

Particle Tracing Module>Tutorial Models>brownian_motion

demonstrates how to do this.
Hi, you need to add a selection to the Particle data set. If you update to the latest version, V4.3, the Model Library model: Particle Tracing Module>Tutorial Models>brownian_motion demonstrates how to do this.

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 set 2012, 09:08 GMT-4
Thank you for the reply, I am using 4.2a version
Thank you for the reply, I am using 4.2a version

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.