Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Effect of temperature on SAW devices

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the effect of temperature on Surface Acoustic Waves (SAW) devices . I'm using the module "Piezoelectric devices" and so I get the response of the admittance in a certain range of frequency. The problem is that when I modify the substrate temperature there is no change in the response of the admittance. Can someone help me with this? It should include more modules in the simulation? Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 3 set 2013, 19:15 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sergio Mora

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 lug 2013, 09:45 GMT-4
Hi Sergio,

I am having the same problem. I read somewhere on this forum that frequency domain analysis doesn't work for Heat transfer physics. And a suggested solution was to do a time domain analysis and convert the results in frequency domain by using necessary Fourier transforms. This is probably not the best solution but managed to give me some results.

Hope it helps. Please let us know if you've found an alternative to this method!

--
Anurag Dhutti
Hi Sergio, I am having the same problem. I read somewhere on this forum that frequency domain analysis doesn't work for Heat transfer physics. And a suggested solution was to do a time domain analysis and convert the results in frequency domain by using necessary Fourier transforms. This is probably not the best solution but managed to give me some results. Hope it helps. Please let us know if you've found an alternative to this method! -- Anurag Dhutti

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 set 2013, 19:15 GMT-4
hi
I am trying to model a Surface acoustic wave device using Comsol 4.3b.
I want to obtain the real and imaginary part of Y11 admittance in frequence response
thanks
hi I am trying to model a Surface acoustic wave device using Comsol 4.3b. I want to obtain the real and imaginary part of Y11 admittance in frequence response thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.