Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Run time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm looking to get the time it takes to run a simulation in COMSOL. The log gives me a solution time that seems to be only accurate to the nearest second. At the moment, I'm running a simple problem that only takes a few seconds but I'm comparing it to other solution methods so I'd like a more accurate run time for comparison. I'd appreciate any help.

1 Reply Last Post 11 gen 2023, 12:35 GMT-5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 11 gen 2023, 12:35 GMT-5

Sarah,

I would recommend to run the model with a finer mesh to increase the runtime and get a better measurement. I doubt that it is possible to measure with better than one second resolution. Even if it was possible the result may be strongly affected by background activities on the computer you have no control of.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Sarah, I would recommend to run the model with a finer mesh to increase the runtime and get a better measurement. I doubt that it is possible to measure with better than one second resolution. Even if it was possible the result may be strongly affected by background activities on the computer you have no control of. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.