Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stress rotation in 2D axis-symmetric study using Euler angles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have solved the stress state in a cylinder shaped flywheel subjected to a centrifugal force. The material is orthotropic and used simulate a unidirectional composite. This is implemented using: Solid mechanics -> Linear elastic material -> Orthotropic. I can rotate the stiffness according to a chosen fiber direction. The stress tensor is solved in the spatial frame (r,phi,z) and I want to rotate the resulting stress tensor to coincide with the fiber direction using Euler angles. So far i have introduced a "rotated coordinate system" to define the fiber direction but can not figure out how to display my resulting stress tensor components in this orientation.

1 Reply Last Post 22 feb 2023, 07:59 GMT-5
Kristian Rye Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 22 feb 2023, 07:59 GMT-5

Dear Christian Popp,

Thank you for posting on the Discussion Forum. After looking over your questions we feel that these questions may require specialized assistance from our Technical Support Team. Please email to support@comsol.com with your questions and supporting model files and we will address them via those channels. If you afterwards would like to make the reply public, we can do so at your request.

Best regards,

Kristian Rye Jensen

-------------------
Kristian Rye Jensen
COMSOL DK
Dear Christian Popp, Thank you for posting on the Discussion Forum. After looking over your questions we feel that these questions may require specialized assistance from our Technical Support Team. Please email to [support@comsol.com](mailto:support@comsol.com) with your questions and supporting model files and we will address them via those channels. If you afterwards would like to make the reply public, we can do so at your request. Best regards, Kristian Rye Jensen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.