Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar Flow & Particle Tracing & Magnetic Field Interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am making a 2D-axisymmetric COMSOL model of a blood vessel that uses Laminar Flow (spf), Particle Tracing (fpt), and Magnetic Field (mf) physics interfaces. The following relevant specifications are that:

-The flow is fully developed and incompressible with material modeled after blood parameters

-Particles are 1 micron, uncharged, made of iron, and are influenced by drag force and magnetophoretic force domains covering the blood vessel

-Magnetic field (mf) interface consists of a square magnet geometry made of N52 (Sintered NdFeB) powered by an Ampere's Law domain & following Magnetization model for "Constitutive Relation B-H"

Geometries of blood vessel & magnet are surrounded by a circular airspace for magnet attached with an Infinite Element domain, and it is rendered with Finer Element mesh. I am able to have the particles move according to Laminar Flow in the blood vessel, but am unable to steer the particles using the magnet. Efforts I have done include changing the strength of Magnetization, along with shuffling combinations of assigned physics domains with the geometries. Any answers to get the particles to work with the magnetic field the same way as with the laminar flow would be helpful.

0 Replies Last Post 25 feb 2023, 05:24 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lawrence Lu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.