Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Depth varying distributed load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i would like to create a load that is varying with depth, however i cannot figure out how to do this in solid mechanics. The sort you would expect to see with water.

3 Replies Last Post 13 mar 2023, 04:39 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 9 mar 2023, 08:17 GMT-5

Attached is an example where the water level is even rising with time.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL

Posted: 1 year ago 10 mar 2023, 08:29 GMT-5

Hi Henrik, I hope you are well. I have solved how to create such loading scenario, however i need to obtain the bending moment across the whole domain to see what the maximum bending moment is (not reaction moment), however i have noticed that COMSOL doesn't provide an easy way to find this.

I have found online some things about probes, but they all seem to use an expression which i do not have on my version of COMSOL, despite having all of the modules installed.

Are you familiar with anyways in which i can find the maximum/minimum bending moment across my element?

Thanks, Joe.

>Attached is an example where the water level is even rising with time. Hi Henrik, I hope you are well. I have solved how to create such loading scenario, however i need to obtain the bending moment across the whole domain to see what the maximum bending moment is (not reaction moment), however i have noticed that COMSOL doesn't provide an easy way to find this. I have found online some things about probes, but they all seem to use an expression which i do not have on my version of COMSOL, despite having all of the modules installed. Are you familiar with anyways in which i can find the maximum/minimum bending moment across my element? Thanks, Joe.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 13 mar 2023, 04:39 GMT-4

I am not sure about your exact scenario, but I think you should look at the Section Forces feature in the Solid Mechanics interface.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
I am not sure about your exact scenario, but I think you should look at the *Section Forces* feature in the *Solid Mechanics* interface.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.