Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where should I put constraint

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I'm not sure where I should put constraint or maybe I should use prescribed displacement in my model?

My model (in attachment):
I calculate the stationary state then I use stationary calculations as initial conditions for time depending study and I changed heat transfer coefficient because I assumed that steel surface starts to be cooled by water. But my thermal stresses looks falsely.

Should I use first principal stress or von Mises stress in presentation of results?
Why I get a negative value of stress?

Thank you for any insight,

Robert

1 Reply Last Post 19 ott 2012, 09:21 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ott 2012, 09:21 GMT-4
Hi

I suppose the effect comes from the Roller condition in the middle of the model, I would haver expected that condition on Boundary "5"

then use rather a time stepping of the type: as heat diffusion has a nice decay

2^{range(-1,0.5,10)}

then your slot is not really physical, as with these temperature the two bricks will exchange heat, but that is probably OK as a first approach

As I cannot really understand what is fixed and what is rigid here it's difficult to suggest something

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suppose the effect comes from the Roller condition in the middle of the model, I would haver expected that condition on Boundary "5" then use rather a time stepping of the type: as heat diffusion has a nice decay 2^{range(-1,0.5,10)} then your slot is not really physical, as with these temperature the two bricks will exchange heat, but that is probably OK as a first approach As I cannot really understand what is fixed and what is rigid here it's difficult to suggest something -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.