Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

double parametric sweep in comsol 4.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I was wondering if it is possible to define to parametric sweep solvers under one study? for example changing the velocity and temperature at the same time.

thanks
ASAL

5 Replies Last Post 6 nov 2012, 00:41 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 ott 2012, 01:28 GMT-4
Hi

if you do not change the geometry you can add several parameters to sweep under the Solver node continuation tab, check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you do not change the geometry you can add several parameters to sweep under the Solver node continuation tab, check the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 ott 2012, 18:23 GMT-4
thanks Ivar,
I tried to do so and added two parametric sweeps under one study but it only counts for one of them.

thanks for your help
ASAL
thanks Ivar, I tried to do so and added two parametric sweeps under one study but it only counts for one of them. thanks for your help ASAL

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 ott 2012, 00:58 GMT-4
Hi

I'm not sure if the option is there in 4.2 => Sweep type: Specific combination, or All combination, that might be your issue

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure if the option is there in 4.2 => Sweep type: Specific combination, or All combination, that might be your issue -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 nov 2012, 21:39 GMT-5
thanks Ivar, that has been solved, I was making a silly mistake.
just another question: I put a time dependent water temperature as my inlet temperature at the inlet of pipe but now need to change it to heat flux (W/m) but do not get reasonable answer for that. have you got any hint regarding this issue?

thanks for all your help

ASAL
thanks Ivar, that has been solved, I was making a silly mistake. just another question: I put a time dependent water temperature as my inlet temperature at the inlet of pipe but now need to change it to heat flux (W/m) but do not get reasonable answer for that. have you got any hint regarding this issue? thanks for all your help ASAL

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 nov 2012, 00:41 GMT-5
Hi

if you add a "t" you are adding some multiplier in "seconds" so you whould write 300[K]+4[K/s]*t as t has y default units of [s] the unit issue would be right

But I didnt catch yu heat flux issue, I need to understand in which dimensions you are worling to. You can change your temp boundary to a heat flux boundary and put a time dependent heat flux

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you add a "t" you are adding some multiplier in "seconds" so you whould write 300[K]+4[K/s]*t as t has y default units of [s] the unit issue would be right But I didnt catch yu heat flux issue, I need to understand in which dimensions you are worling to. You can change your temp boundary to a heat flux boundary and put a time dependent heat flux -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.