Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Projection of an Isosurface onto a plane or boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

Another visualization question: Is it possible to plot the projection of an Isosurface in 3D space onto a 2D surface or plane (such as the x-y plane).

Thanks in advance

Dan

2 Replies Last Post 7 dic 2012, 00:54 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 dic 2012, 01:10 GMT-5
Hi

isn't that "just" to make a "data set" cut plane and plot a contour plot on the cut plane ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi isn't that "just" to make a "data set" cut plane and plot a contour plot on the cut plane ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 dic 2012, 00:54 GMT-5
Hi Ivar

I may have misunderstood but what you are suggesting seems to be to take a cross section of the isosurface and then plot a contour line which isn't exactly what I want to do.

The aim is to plot the 'outline' of the whole isosurface from the aspect (or view) of one of the planes (e.g yz plane).

Do you think it's possible?

Thanks for helping

Dan

Hi Ivar I may have misunderstood but what you are suggesting seems to be to take a cross section of the isosurface and then plot a contour line which isn't exactly what I want to do. The aim is to plot the 'outline' of the whole isosurface from the aspect (or view) of one of the planes (e.g yz plane). Do you think it's possible? Thanks for helping Dan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.