Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model a lattice structure?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

New COMSOL user here. Been through some intro training. Not much.

I am trying to create a model such that I have 3 pieces that are in contact with one another. Imagine 3 pencils with flat ends laid end-to-end. Using internal power supplies and circuits (that don't have to be modeled in COMSOL), I intend to apply different potentials to each pencil. Then I intend to eject electrons from one of the pencils, and have them migrate to the pencil from which they came, or to another pencil, or maybe just out of my defined space, depending on various electric fields and potentials. Don't know if this is possible.

To make matters more difficult, one of the "pencils" is really a physical lattice 24 cm in diameter with a physical transparency that approaches 90%. I don't know how to model this material. I can begin by defining the material as aluminum, but don't know how to specify the transparency.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions...

Thanks,
~Rich~

0 Replies Last Post 22 feb 2010, 21:13 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rich Messeder

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.