Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Which solver type to use for coupled K-Epsilon and pipe flow model?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a heat exchanger model that I am solving with the CFD and pipe flow modules. I am unsure of which type of solver I should use. I have looked at the COMSOL example model 'heat exchanger plate' and it used a direct, fully coupled solver. However, that model was for a coupled laminar flow and pipe flow model. Should I use the same solver for my model? Or should I explore using other solvers?

Thanks,

Burns

2 Replies Last Post 30 gen 2013, 14:26 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 gen 2013, 14:06 GMT-5
Hi

I can only give you "my way" that is to start with the default one proposed by COMSOL (except if the doc suggests strongly something else), then if I have time, I try some of the others to compare speed, convergence and quality (if I know the correct answer from analytical ways)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can only give you "my way" that is to start with the default one proposed by COMSOL (except if the doc suggests strongly something else), then if I have time, I try some of the others to compare speed, convergence and quality (if I know the correct answer from analytical ways) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 gen 2013, 14:26 GMT-5
Thanks Ivar.

I will start with the default solver and go from there.
Thanks Ivar. I will start with the default solver and go from there.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.