Issues with remeshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am having issues with the automatic remesh feature, with the error message:

The following feature has encountered a problem: - Feature: Automatic Remeshing 1 (sol1/t1/ar1) Nonlinear solver did not converge. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Time: 1.9287941136439875 s.

To reproduce the problem, I took the water_balloon.mph case and added the automatic remeshing node with the requirement that it remeshes every 0.1 sec: range(0,0.1,15). What happens is that there are a few successfull remeshing until I get the error message. Changing "Consistent innitialization" to "on" anticipates the failure to 0.69 s. Without remeshing at all, the default case, the simulation continues to 6.5896 s.

The remeshing instruction is unnecessary for this specific case, but it helps me reproducing an issue that I am observing on a case problem (that I cannot share) where the mesh deforms considerably and remeshing seems to be the only way to continue the simulation.

It's understandable that remeshing might fail, but I wonder if there are ways to mitigate this effect. Maybe a special type of mesh is not prone to this issue?

Thank you

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.