Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Show parameteric value on plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I've made a model of a hi-pot test setup to visualize how the electric field changes at a discontinuity as the conductivity changes (fixed potential).
I'ts working great, but now I want to make an animation of the results. I can create the series of 2D plots without a problem, but I don't know how to show the value for the conductivity on the plot, making it difficult to distinguish between them.

6 Replies Last Post 31 mag 2013, 16:06 GMT-4
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 gen 2013, 15:30 GMT-5
Carl -

Click on the plot group node in the Model Builder window and, in the Settings window, expand the Title section.

For Title type, select Custom. Then under Solution, check the Solution check box. This should show the time step or parameter value in the Title of your plot.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Carl - Click on the plot group node in the Model Builder window and, in the Settings window, expand the Title section. For Title type, select Custom. Then under Solution, check the Solution check box. This should show the time step or parameter value in the Title of your plot. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 gen 2013, 16:35 GMT-5

Carl -

Click on the plot group node in the Model Builder window and, in the Settings window, expand the Title section.

For Title type, select Custom. Then under Solution, check the Solution check box. This should show the time step or parameter value in the Title of your plot.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies

Thanks, Josh.

I've already tried that. It didn't change even after replotting.
[QUOTE] Carl - Click on the plot group node in the Model Builder window and, in the Settings window, expand the Title section. For Title type, select Custom. Then under Solution, check the Solution check box. This should show the time step or parameter value in the Title of your plot. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies [/QUOTE] Thanks, Josh. I've already tried that. It didn't change even after replotting.

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 gen 2013, 16:57 GMT-5
Just to be sure. Did you click on the head Plot Group node and click the Solution check box under Title? The reason I ask is because I see that your screenshot shows that the Surface plot node is selected rather than the parent node.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what's happening. Would you be willing to post your mph file?

Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Just to be sure. Did you click on the head Plot Group node and click the Solution check box under Title? The reason I ask is because I see that your screenshot shows that the Surface plot node is selected rather than the parent node. Otherwise, I'm not sure what's happening. Would you be willing to post your mph file? Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 feb 2013, 11:11 GMT-5
Carl,

Okay. I think I might have an answer.

Set the Data set of your Surface plot to "From parent". Then, set the Data set on the Plot Group node (the parent) to the Solution that has your parametric sweep.

When you do this you should be able to get the parameter name and value displayed in the title for your animation.

I got this to work on one of my models. Let us know if that works for you.

Regards,
Josh
Carl, Okay. I think I might have an answer. Set the Data set of your Surface plot to "From parent". Then, set the Data set on the Plot Group node (the parent) to the Solution that has your parametric sweep. When you do this you should be able to get the parameter name and value displayed in the title for your animation. I got this to work on one of my models. Let us know if that works for you. Regards, Josh

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 mag 2013, 21:20 GMT-4
I had the same problem.
The solution works for me. Thanks a lot Josh!
I had the same problem. The solution works for me. Thanks a lot Josh!

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mag 2013, 16:06 GMT-4
Hi Josh,

Thank you, I had the same pb. Now it is OK.

Best regards
Hi Josh, Thank you, I had the same pb. Now it is OK. Best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.