Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer in Solid combined with HT Fluid: Problems

Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi dear members,
Please I am working on a heat transfer case where I have to show the heat transfer in the fluid and on the mateial. the first one in fluid is done, but the latter on the solid is showing me the picture of the good phenomena and NO VARIATION OF TEMPERATURE. So please I attached the file and if someone has a little time to take a look and help me, it will be greateful.

Thanks in advance and I looking forward to hear you

--
A. Fopah Lele

1 Reply Last Post 4 feb 2013, 14:10 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 feb 2013, 14:10 GMT-5
Hi

first of all, your temperature difference is rather small, the scale goes from 90-90 hence only small differences in temperature.

Your solid is probably the blank U shape, well it could be that you have added 2 physics that both solves for T, but then COMSOL renames the second T2, the third T3 and so on, check the naming of your dependent variables, you might need to call a second plot sub-node for plotting T2. (Just a guess it can be other issues)
Another point is that when you have several physics solving for the same variables, you must "hand-knit" the fluxes together on the common boundaries. Therefore for fluid structure HT it's best to use NITF (conjugated Heat Flow) if awailable (that depends on the modules you have)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all, your temperature difference is rather small, the scale goes from 90-90 hence only small differences in temperature. Your solid is probably the blank U shape, well it could be that you have added 2 physics that both solves for T, but then COMSOL renames the second T2, the third T3 and so on, check the naming of your dependent variables, you might need to call a second plot sub-node for plotting T2. (Just a guess it can be other issues) Another point is that when you have several physics solving for the same variables, you must "hand-knit" the fluxes together on the common boundaries. Therefore for fluid structure HT it's best to use NITF (conjugated Heat Flow) if awailable (that depends on the modules you have) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.