Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DC Electron Mobility section. In the μdc edit field, type 1E25/mwp.Nn

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

in my mwp model there is no mwp.Nn variable? or is there?
How can I find out?
whenever a variable is not know, it keep in orange, instead of being accepted in black letters.

the mw ECR model in the library tells me to use this mwp.Nn variable.. what now?

thanks for a hint,

Lukas
Nagoya-u

(one model reached some results.. my first one.. yeahhpeee..
but is it physics? a long way to go still)

2 Replies Last Post 7 mar 2013, 02:59 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 mar 2013, 10:42 GMT-5
Hi

"red" means formula typo, this is an error, "orange" means units error, that is a warning, but before you solve an orange error might come from an undefined variable.

I do not have the mwp physics so I cannot tell about that variable (it might have changed name or its a typo. Turn on the internal equations: Options preferences show tab and look in the list of the sub-tab of your physics nodes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi "red" means formula typo, this is an error, "orange" means units error, that is a warning, but before you solve an orange error might come from an undefined variable. I do not have the mwp physics so I cannot tell about that variable (it might have changed name or its a typo. Turn on the internal equations: Options preferences show tab and look in the list of the sub-tab of your physics nodes -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 mar 2013, 02:59 GMT-5
Thanks,

it is calculating.. so the variable is OK but it is the unit mismatch which is responsible for the orange color.

Still my convergence plots have some plateau at 10E9 and when I am lucky at 10E7. (surface wave microwave plasma)

I do not know where to look for answers.
Of course it is multiphysics, so there is a close interdependance between E-Field and e-Density,
so each small modification makes the whole turn around again and again..

does the segregated solver do this physical separation:
simulates one set of variables until steady-state
and then switch to the next set of variables?
do I define which variables are fixed for one segregated step? so if I choose them intelligently that is what this type of segregated solving does: solving one physics after the other..

taihen desu,
(difficult it is the simulation)

best regard from Nagoya

lukas
Thanks, it is calculating.. so the variable is OK but it is the unit mismatch which is responsible for the orange color. Still my convergence plots have some plateau at 10E9 and when I am lucky at 10E7. (surface wave microwave plasma) I do not know where to look for answers. Of course it is multiphysics, so there is a close interdependance between E-Field and e-Density, so each small modification makes the whole turn around again and again.. does the segregated solver do this physical separation: simulates one set of variables until steady-state and then switch to the next set of variables? do I define which variables are fixed for one segregated step? so if I choose them intelligently that is what this type of segregated solving does: solving one physics after the other.. taihen desu, (difficult it is the simulation) best regard from Nagoya lukas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.