Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Water balloon deformation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I've only recently started using this program, so my level of knowledge is not very high.

I'm trying to model the physical deformation of a water balloon due to external force (get the shape in different time steps).
I've tried using the fsi physics module, defining a liquid domain surrounded by an elliptic elastic solid body domain, kind of like an ellipse within a ring.
I then applied different boundary loads on the outer boundary of the solid domain.

When I try and run the simulation I get an error stating that there are no consistent initial values. Why does this happen? Is there a fundamental piece of information i'm missing?

Thanks,
Raviv

1 Reply Last Post 26 mar 2013, 04:46 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mar 2013, 04:46 GMT-4
Anyone?...
Anyone?...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.