Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pulsed Jet

Ndiaye Abdoulaye Séga

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'm trying to make a pulsed jet for a tilted Micro Jet for flow control. I want to ask you guys if it's possible to make it, how can i do it?

Salut,
Je suis entrain d'essayer de réaliser des jets pulsés sous comsol, j'aimerais savoir comment on peut les réaliser jusque là j'ai pas encore trouver de solutions.

4 Replies Last Post 25 mar 2013, 08:40 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 mar 2013, 05:19 GMT-4
Hi

you can apply functions of "t" instead of only scalars in any entry of COMSOL, just as COMSOL expects full fields (i.e.for a HT case T(x,y,z,t)) and not only a scalar value

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can apply functions of "t" instead of only scalars in any entry of COMSOL, just as COMSOL expects full fields (i.e.for a HT case T(x,y,z,t)) and not only a scalar value -- Good luck Ivar

Ndiaye Abdoulaye Séga

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 mar 2013, 05:31 GMT-4
Hi and thanks for you answer, but I need to couple "Speed + Frequency", the goal is to control the fluid flow by using a pulsed jet with a defined frequency.

Thanks again
Hi and thanks for you answer, but I need to couple "Speed + Frequency", the goal is to control the fluid flow by using a pulsed jet with a defined frequency. Thanks again

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 mar 2013, 08:19 GMT-4
Hi

but do you intend to sole in the time domain ?
in which case you can add a parameter for the average speed and one for the pulsing strength and time/period

In frequency domain it's probably tougher as the pulses are not really "periodic"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi but do you intend to sole in the time domain ? in which case you can add a parameter for the average speed and one for the pulsing strength and time/period In frequency domain it's probably tougher as the pulses are not really "periodic" -- Good luck Ivar

Ndiaye Abdoulaye Séga

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 mar 2013, 08:40 GMT-4
Hi
Why not I'm going to try it this way and i'll be back .
Thanks
Hi Why not I'm going to try it this way and i'll be back . Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.