Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot templates?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

what is the trick to manage all the results coming from different sets of parameters?

i run each set into a new mph file.
trouble is, when i improve one of the models, i need to correct all of them.. for example, I create a new plot..

how can I "transport" this plot to the mph files? since they have all the same structure.

I am looking for some template settings? or import/export for plot definitions (whatever is linked to it in the result tab.)

do i need to fabricate my own model in the model-builder? well new land for me..

Lukas

2 Replies Last Post 26 mar 2013, 22:15 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mar 2013, 04:57 GMT-4
Hi

thanks for the support, then I'm not the only one fighting with this issue and time consuming job. Unfortunately, it does not seem possible today. You can only cut and Paste plots from the same session.

In fact one cannot even load in a 2nd model with a "File open" statement (probably because of the variable naming collisions), this could have allowed to cut and past plots from one model to the other

So the easiest today is to open both models, new and old, and click and cut and past at least the formulas from one to the other. For more scripting you need to use the Java or Matlab interface

Pls send your demand to "support " as suggestion so they might put it at higher priority, then it might arrive in one of the future releases

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi thanks for the support, then I'm not the only one fighting with this issue and time consuming job. Unfortunately, it does not seem possible today. You can only cut and Paste plots from the same session. In fact one cannot even load in a 2nd model with a "File open" statement (probably because of the variable naming collisions), this could have allowed to cut and past plots from one model to the other So the easiest today is to open both models, new and old, and click and cut and past at least the formulas from one to the other. For more scripting you need to use the Java or Matlab interface Pls send your demand to "support " as suggestion so they might put it at higher priority, then it might arrive in one of the future releases -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mar 2013, 22:15 GMT-4
Hey,

I read yesterday a news on my favorite www.heise.de that IPython won a price for good software.

Do you know this? Sounds very nice to use and since NASA or CERN use it, it should make a consens in the research community.

I will ask for the Plugin module a comsol to IPython..

and then it will not be far away to have Modelica Libraries of Comsol ?

Do you know more? Do you use those tools? I think I will have some hard weeks getting into it.

Lukas
Hey, I read yesterday a news on my favorite www.heise.de that IPython won a price for good software. Do you know this? Sounds very nice to use and since NASA or CERN use it, it should make a consens in the research community. I will ask for the Plugin module a comsol to IPython.. and then it will not be far away to have Modelica Libraries of Comsol ? Do you know more? Do you use those tools? I think I will have some hard weeks getting into it. Lukas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.