Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Operate with the solutions of a parametric sweep simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I have solved a problem using the parametric sweep simulation. Now, of course, I have a result for echad parameter, now, what I want it is sum all of these results, what I do not how to do it...

I do not want to export a text file for each parameter and then make the sum (for example with matlab), because I want to use the results for use them with comsol.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 5 apr 2013, 04:55 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 apr 2013, 17:26 GMT-4
Hi
in the results sectio derived variables you can make tables and then you can add up the columns or do other operations columnwise. But you cannot make "variables " adressed elsewhere

For that and for user variables to e used during solving, you must define them under Model Definitions VAriables, and give a scope entire model, domain(s), boundaries, edges points ...

These definitions must be done before you solve, or else do an "update solution" on the solver node to make them active

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in the results sectio derived variables you can make tables and then you can add up the columns or do other operations columnwise. But you cannot make "variables " adressed elsewhere For that and for user variables to e used during solving, you must define them under Model Definitions VAriables, and give a scope entire model, domain(s), boundaries, edges points ... These definitions must be done before you solve, or else do an "update solution" on the solver node to make them active -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 apr 2013, 04:55 GMT-4
Thank you so much for your time, but I am a newbie user.

When I do the parametric calculation, I have (for example) a emw.Ez for each parameter.

How can I define a variable in order to give me the sum of the results for any position? Could you be more explicit? It shoud be simply...I want to plot to make a surface plot with this sum

Thank you again
Thank you so much for your time, but I am a newbie user. When I do the parametric calculation, I have (for example) a emw.Ez for each parameter. How can I define a variable in order to give me the sum of the results for any position? Could you be more explicit? It shoud be simply...I want to plot to make a surface plot with this sum Thank you again

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.